Pair Easykon for KNX with Home Assistant
Home Assistant is a free open source platform that allows you to use more than 1800 different services to fully manage your home.
Home Assistant automatically scans your network for known devices and allows you to easily set them up. Once you've integrated all your devices, you can unleash Home Assistant's advanced automation engine to make your home work for you. Home Assistant also allows you to add further functionality to increase its possibilities even more.
Use the official Home Assistant apps, a convenient companion to quickly control your devices and be alerted when things happen in your home. The apps can also be used to send your location to your home to use presence detection as part of your automations. The data is sent directly to your home, with no access by third parties.
Combining Easykon for KNX to Home Assistant you can use and automate all devices and different categories of accessories mapped on the bridge.
Pairing Easykon to Home Assistant
Get the API key from the Freedompro Cloud:
- Log in to Freedompro Cloud.
- Make sure you have at least one accessory paired with Freedompro Cloud before starting the integration.
- Go to your profile settings.
- Press "Generate" in the API Key section.
For security reasons, the generated code will only remain visible in your profile at the time of creation. Once you exit the screen, the code will be obscured. Please take note of the code when creating it.
If you lose the code or if you need to generate a new one, you can remove the code by pressing the red X that appears once the code has been generated and generate a new one.
For more information on how to use the API Key, you can read the developer documentation.
Pairing the Freedompro service to Home Assistant:
- Access the Home Assistant web interface with the following links: homeassistant.local:8123 or homeassistant:8123 or http://x.x.x.x:8123 (replace x.x.x with the ip-address of the device on which Home Assistant is installed).
- Log in with your Home Assistant credentials.
- In the sidebar click on "Configuration".
- From the configuration menu select: "Integrations".
- In the bottom right-hand corner, click on the "Add Integrations" button.
- From the list, search for and select "Freedompro".
- Enter the API key you copied from the profile Freedompro Cloud.