Getting started: 3 steps to set up Easykon for MyHome
Easykon for MyHome, the plug-and-play device for voice control certified by Apple HomeKit, Google and Amazon Alexa and compatible with IFTTT, makes your BTicino MyHome system controllable through the best smart home management systems in just a few minutes.
Easykon for MyHome is compatible with every BTicino MyHome system built since 2000, in particular:
Systems built with physical configurators
MyHome systems not compatible with MyHomeServer1 (digital configuration)
MyHome systems compatible with MyHomeServer1 (digital configuration)
3 steps to control the BTicino MyHome system with Apple, Google, Amazon Alexa or IFTTT
- Physical installation
- Start automatic configuration
- Pairing with Apple HomeKit, Google, Amazon Alexa or IFTTT
Step 1. Physical installation
Important: for your safety and that of the components, before installing Easykon for MyHome, cut off the power supply from the electrical system.
- 12/24 V AC/DC 0.1 A power supply
- Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connector for connection to the local network (LAN)
- Compatible BTicino MyHome gateway
- Attach Easykon for MyHome to the DIN rail of the electrical panel
- Connect the 12/24 V 0.1 A power cable to the upper left connector
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the upper right connector
- Check the cabling is correct and reactivate the power supply to the electrical system
After about 30 seconds, the Easykon for MyHome status light will turn solid magenta.
Step 2. Start automatic configuration
Sign in to the configuration interface by entering the Easykon for MyHome IP address in the browser
Click on "Sign in"
Press the "Sign in / Unpairing" button on the Easykon device installed on the DIN rail
Select the gateway you want to connect
Check that the gateway information is correct and click on "Connect" at the top right
If the connection with the BTicino gateway is successful, Easykon for MyHome automatically identifies and configures all compatible MyHome accessories in a few seconds.
Can't see some accessories in the list after automatic configuration? Wait a few minutes and reload the page or try to manually control the accessory – Easykon will automatically add it to the list!
Make sure that the last version of the firmware is installed in the Bticino gateway before connecting Easykon for MyHome.
Easykon for MyHome assigns a default name (e.g. lightbulb 01) and automatically inserts the default characteristics for each accessory. For example, the types of BTicino MyHome actuators used to control light sources, controlled sockets or switches are automatically categorised as "Light".
To customise accessories:
Go to the Easykon for MyHome interface
Click on the "Identify" icon to find the device – the accessory you've selected will begin to flash or move
Enter the parameters by clicking on the button with the 3 dots
Change the name and/or characteristics required
Click on "Save"
See the Compatible accessories article to see the characteristics of each accessory.
Step 3. Pairing with Apple HomeKit, Google, Amazon Alexa or IFTTT
Easykon is certified by Apple HomeKit, Google and Amazon Alexa and it is compatible with IFTTT. This means you're free to choose the platform you prefer, or even use more than one at the same time.
If you are the homeowner and it's the first time you've paired Easykon for MyHome with Apple, Google or Alexa, first of all carry out the unpairing procedure. This way, you'll be sure of being the sole administrator. It is always and exclusively the administrator who chooses who to share the use of their home with.
Hold down the "Sign in / Unpairing" button on the front of Easykon for MyHome until the status light starts flashing blue.
This procedure does not alter the installation and configuration of the accessories in any way.
Pairing with Apple HomeKit
Easykon for MyHome and Apple HomeKit make your MyHome system smart. Revolutionise the way you control your MyHome accessories and create customised scenes and automations in just a few taps – controlling your home has never been easier.
Pair Easykon for MyHome with Apple HomeKit to multiply your system's functions, without sacrificing the usual safety and reliability.
Follow these steps to pair:
- Open the Apple Home application on your Apple device
- Make sure you've selected the Home where you want to add the accessories connected to Easykon
- Tap "Add accessory" or the "+"
- Scan the QR code printed on the front of Easykon for MyHome
- Follow the instructions to complete configuration
Pairing with Google
Easykon for MyHome and Google will become your personal assistants, always at your disposal. Control the lights comfortably from the sofa, manage the temperature even when you're at work and create personalised routines for your different home activities: your MyHome system is now smart.
Pair Easykon with Google to start using these features right away.
- Easykon for MyHome previously paired with the Freedompro Cloud
- Google Home application
Follow these steps to control your MyHome system with Google:
- Open the Google Home App available for Android and iOS
- Press the "+" button and select "Configure device"
- Choose "Have something already set up?"
- Search for "Freedompro" among the services listed
- Use your Freedompro profile, logging in with Google or Facebook, to pair with Google Cloud
Pairing with Amazon Alexa
Easykon combined with Alexa's vocal applications (called skills) lets you add many functions to your MyHome system. Activate new features, make your home life more comfortable and automatic, and discover all the opportunities that home automation offers your system.
Pair Alexa with Easykon for MyHome to take advantage of all these new possibilities.
- Easykon for MyHome previously paired with the Freedompro Cloud
- Amazon Alexa application
Follow these steps to control MyHome devices with Amazon Alexa:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app available for Android and iOS
- Click on the "Devices" icon in the menu below and select "Skill for smart home"
- Choose "Enable skill for smart home"
- Search for "Freedompro" among the services listed, and finally click on "Enable use"
- Use your Freedompro profile, logging in with Google or Facebook, to pair with the Amazon Alexa Cloud
Pairing with IFTTT
For details, please see the page Compatible accessories
Easykon for MyHome previously associated with Freedompro Cloud
Account on the IFTTT website
Follow these steps to pair IFTTT with the Freedompro service:
- Go to IFTTT site
- Login with your IFTTT account
- Click on "Explore" and search and select "Freedompro"
- Press on "Connect"
- Login with your Freedompro Cloud account
- Click on "Allow" to immediately start to create your automations
Once you have paired the Freedompro service, you will be able to choose among the accessories mapped inside your Easykon as triggers and actions and create any automation you want.
Pairing Easykon with the Freedompro Cloud
The Freedompro Cloud is a powerful, secure and free service that allows you to integrate our products with other worlds. Google and Amazon Alexa services are connected to the Freedompro Cloud and work together to give you the best experience.
Pair Easykon with the Freedompro Cloud to take advantage of the power of Google and Amazon Alexa.
- Device connected to the same local network as the Easykon for MyHome you want to pair
- Web browser
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Freedompro profile using your Google or Facebook account
- Click on "Pair new device"
- Select the device you want to pair, mind that it has the same serial number as the one on the Easykon for MyHome installed in your DIN rail and click on "Continue"
- Write the name that you want to give to this product and press "Continue"
- Insert the pairing code that you find on the device or in the information sheet in the package and select "Continue"
- Click on "End" to complete the pairing. In the last page you find the links to the articles in our Help Center in which it is described the procedure to pair your Freedompro product to Google or Amazon Alexa, follow the procedure to start managing your home with your voice.
The name of Easykon for MyHome is linked to your profile. Other users that access the same device will see the name they chose for it.
Once you paired Easykon for MyHome to the cloud, you are ready to pair it with Google or Amazon Alexa, or, why not, both of them, so that you can control your smart home with their Apps and voice assistants.
Thanks to the Freedompro Cloud you manage remotely your Easykon for MyHome without other modules, configurations or additional costs.